Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The little oat girl...

So this girl did some strange things while in Atlanta. When I come home...my family is going to think someone kidnapped me and brainwashed me. While living in this lovely city for a month...I indulged in 2 things that I completely despised my entire life!
1) Oatmeal
2) Coffee

How weird is that? And its not like I just tried it once or twice and decided it wasnt soooo bad. I freakin ate/drank it every single day! How does that happen? You go from HATING despising something...to feeling like you absolutely positively cannot go a day without it.In fact....I finished an entire can of oats while I was here..and broke my rule of "No More Grocery Trips Before I Move" because I was in a panicked state that I couldn't have oatmeal. This is freakin nuts! Has this ever happened to you? I mean I know they say "its an acquired taste" but seriously?

Also the allergies have been absolutely insane here! I can't breathe, my throat is raw..i wake up everytime I have to swallow..my head is pounding. For proof that I'm not just being a whiner...this is what was next to my car this afternoon...


POLLEN ATTACK!!....so because I've been feeling so miserable..I took monday and tuesday off running and today I only did 2.5 miles. Tomorrow I plan to do 5 miles no matter what..and make myself suck it up even if I'm not feeling well. OVER IT!

6 comments:

Carolina John said...

sounds like you've enjoyed your time in Georgia. we certainly do have our fair share of pollen! and then some.

J said...

I feel the same way about oatmeal and coffee. I used to not like them but now I have oatmeal everyday and sometimes have coffee (if I have enough time to make it!) Strange how our tastes change!

Anonymous said...

Welcome allergy season. It is the worst. I love oatmeal, there is just so many fun ways you can make it.

X-Country2 said...

I can eat a million oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but the thought of regular oatmeal grosses me out. Perhaps I should visit Atlanta. :o)

Benson said...

Totally with you on the Oats. I eat oats every morning. I'll send you a recipe for added goodness.
Oh dear god, the pollen. I hate it. My lungs clog up for about a month. I'm considering wearing a surgical mask. Do you know where I can get one? ;D

beth said...

yes! i eat oatmeal and coffee EVERY day for brekkie. and cottage cheese w/ berries for a snack before lunch.
EVERY DAY. and lots of coffee.