Sunday, February 8, 2009

Running outside in February

I'm about to head out for an 8 miler.....when I say OUT...i mean OUTSIDE!! How amazing is that? Running outside in February in O-H-I-OOOOOOOO! There was definitely 4 feet of snow out my front door T-3 days ago...so much that it was over my Dogs head. But today my friends...I will be treking out on wet grounds to run outside. This is a very good thing since there are some races coming up I'd like to participate in..and running on the treadmill doesnt quite get you ready like running the great mother Earth does. Hope it goes well...I had to dig out my Garmin..haha

p.s. I think I found my first triathlon ...sprint tri this summer. I hope all goes well now that I've been a real good girl with rehabbing my shoulder :)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Hope you had fun running outside!

Carolina John said...

nice. a sprint tri is a great place to start. it's actually a lot easier than a half marathon, i think. and way more fun. fair warning: tri's are really addictive.

Chloe said...

Congrats on finding your first tri! Just a warning..you'll get hooked! Next thing you know you'll be spending every freaking free moment you have either biking, swimming, or running! But it's awesome and it will keep your body in sweet shape. Welcome to the addiction :)

Marathonman101108 said...

Found your blog at by reading Laura's...I like it! (No, I'm not a stalker!!) Nice to run outside right now, isn't it? I don't get too many chances to run outdoors right now here in Connecticut. A triathlon? I'd probably drown in the swimming part. I'm envious of anyone who has completed one.