Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Second Resolution

OK...so the second resolution is running related. (which I guess is a good thing since this is a running blog!!)Resolution: Run every other day (at least 2 miles..but usually shoot for 3 or more). I mean this is something I usually do anyway..but I want it in writing. The thing is...I think I used to run everyday...but ever since I started running every OTHER day, I have gotten faster, stronger, less bored etc. So for me..this is the wayyyy to go. The other days I usually do the elliptical or something else cardio-ish. Another thing is that I'm not going to plan on running any marathons this year (besides Disney on Sunday which I didn't train for). I just realized at this point in my life that it's not feasible to put that amount of time into running all the time..and half marathons much more suit my lifestyle. SO half marathons it is. Also...I can't wait to meet some cycling buddies in Cleveland to get on my bike and start getting experience with that as well.

So here ya have it...resolution #2!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is smart to recognize how much you can and can't do. You want running to be fun and not a chore. You are going to rock all the half marathons you do. Have fun cycling too.

Jess said...

It's good to take days off in between to give yourself time to recover. Recovery is nearly as importnt as the running itself, so every other day is a smart resolution.

X-Country2 said...

Seems like you have a pretty great plan! Good luck in 2009.