Sunday, June 29, 2008

runnin runnin runnin....away

Hey guys! In laws are in town..so yes..I've been preoccupied. However...I have managed to escape and do a 3 mile run and a 8 mile run this weekend. I have off next week from school and hope to run 5 miles each day. I will post each day with the results...this is an attempt to get my running back to pre-marathon levels. I'm pumped. Hopefully the heat doesn't kill me.

Saturday after my 8 mile run I was SOAKEEEED SOAKED SOAKED! I mean..literally...could wring out my shirt and fill a bucket. But...I heard Old Navy had $1 flip flops so figured...I was driving right by the mall...might as well stop by and pick up my 5 pairs (there was a limit). OMG!!! MISTAKE!!!! Literally it was worse than day after Thanksgiving shopping. Everyone lined up and charged as soon as the doors opened. YOu would have thought they were giving away free gas. Meanwhile....everyone packed themselves in by the flip flops like sardines...and there I am....the stinky kid. Still wet from running...smelly....stinky...and people touching me on all four sides. I felt bad for them. Why is it that flip flops that are normally 2/$5 become such a huge deal when they are only $1. ?? I mean...even the guy at the cash register didn't understand. I simply stopped by because I had just finished the run and drove by the mall.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

People love a bargin! Enjoy your week off from school. Nice job squeezing in the runs.

Benson said...

Good bargain shopping.
good plan for the running and don't forget to throw in a few short bike spins too.
biking does help running yaknow.

Chef Bill Bailey said...

Because I don't know you I'm not going to comment on the flip flops.

I noticed you ran Tybee Island half. How was it? I've been to Tybee 3 times, I'd like to go back and run the marathon or even Savannah's Marathon.

Chef Bill Bailey

Viv said...

Glad the running is back in play! $1 flip flops man I had no idea about that one. From the sound of the chaos I will pay the extra bucks for em instead of slapping somebody in the face with a flip flop because they are trying to grab the pink ones outta my hand.

triguyjt said...

i want a pair of pink flip flops.....

Chef Bill Bailey said...

PURE FUEL ORGANIC ENERGY BARS
www.purefuelenergy.com
email me and I'll send you your discount code.
bill@purefuelenergy.com