Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Crazy thoughts

So My nike ipod+ thing broke this weekend. It will be laid to rest after brief visitation tomorrow. It suffered a head trauma during the 15 mile run after being dropped on the pavement. Luckily the ipod was wearing a helmet, unfortunately for nike+, there was nothing we could do for him. RIP!

So now should I get another one? Or just wait till my b day to get a Garmin. I'm really wanting the Garmin forerunner 405. Maybe I can ask for my b day (April 9th) Because I definitely dont have the $$ for it. Who knows if it will even be released by then...

Also as many of you know, I started this journey by deciding to run a half marathon in May. Due to my crazy nature, I decided May was too far so I would move it up and run it in March. Again...the crazy christine kicked in and moved it up yet AGAIN and ran my first half marathon the 2nd of February. So then I decided to run the half in March since I had already booked the hotel for Atlanta. Also on top of that...decided I would run the full marathon in May (when I had ORIGINALLY planned to run the half). Lately...crazy christine thoughts have kicked in and I started contemplating if I could run the full marathon March 30th in Atlanta. I wouldn't have enough time to properly train. The most I could fit in would be an 18 and a 20 mile run prior. I know this would be totally stupid and I would be risking injury and frustrations....but that crazy side of me is wanting to do it. haha. I would love to get the full marathon out of the way so I can really focus on triathlon training. I really want to be ready for tris this summer....esp since now I am probably going to be meeting up with Lana for one. (She is HARD core triathlete and my inspiration :) The last thing I want to do is show up and embarass myself..haha. So yeah.......crazy thoughts. I wonder if its from all the trace anesthetic gases and nitrous I've been inhaling...makin me crazier than ever.

11 comments:

Paul said...

I've done marathons of of 15 miles a week training. Just do it. You'll need some recovery time but that's ok!

Anonymous said...

The Garmin 405 is on my list of "wants" too. As for running the full marathon, if you feel you are mentally and physically ready for it, than go for it. You have a good base so you should be fine.

jahowie said...

The new Garmin looks pretty cool. Have you been a good enough girl to get such a present from your Mommy? :-) You have been doing very well with your running, and I'm sure that you will be great at tris too. You seem to be very driven.

i am Susan said...

Hey...I love my Garmin. I have a
305, which does more than the 405 for a less expensive price tag...you might want to look into that or do a comparison with the two.

As for the marathon. You know what, I think you should just do the full marathon...If you don't do this race in March then I think it'll seem like forever for May to coma along, so just sign up and do it. Just continue with your long run training and you'll be fine.

Brian said...

I have the 305 and I love it. The 405 definitely looks cooler and not as geeky but I'm sure the price will reflect it. I also use mine on the bike.

As for the marathon, I'd say you probably could do it without risking injury. But, you should still run cleveland. We could get all the bloggers in the are together for dinner the night before down in little italy or something.

Bill Carter said...

Hi Christine

You are one impatient girl... but I guess when it comes to running I am kind of the same way. I kind of get where you are coming from because sometimes I tend to be a little impulsive about races and just think to myself "yeah, that sounds good.. I'm going to go rock it!" The whole injury risk thing is a little overstated for someone as young as you and I think you will be just fine. BTW, who knows your body better than you.

Best of luck and keep those PR's coming. BTW, I really like that "over the hill" comment you made on my blog. Keep that up, and we will have to race sometime :-)

Unknown said...

Dang! I miss attending the wake for your Nike+iPod thing. Here's my eulogy for your thing...I know she has been your friend for awhile and she has been trusting you after all those wonderful miles. May she rest in peace.
I heard so much about Garmin 405 and it should ROCKS!!! I am wearing an ancient piece of Garmin 201. It looks like I am wearing a big Grandfather clock on my wrist.

Viv said...

I hope you get the Garmin for your birthday, you will love it!
I have no idea, chica on the full. If you feel like you can do it will rock it!
I know what you mean with distance running and tri training it is exhausting. I think I may have to choose one or the other for now.

Stuart said...

The 405 is out but it's a bundle of $$$ and some say not as good as the 305, smaller screen etc!?!?

Get another Nike+ thingy it's on;y $30 and if it's less than a year old Apple will exchange it.

You could run a marathon with a long run of 20 miles it depends how deep your base is and you would have to run to finish not for time which would mean you'd be back to go faster, maybe delay the whole thing to the fall/winter...maybe???

RunnerGirl said...

I think you should give the earlier marathon a shot, all that matters is your motivation and you've got that one covered! Plus, I think most people only do on 20 mile run before anyway. You know your body and how you're feeling, if you're up for it I say give it a shot!

Brooke said...

I'm wanting a 405, but we have the 305 and it works fine.

I say go ahead and do the full. If you have to walk the last few miles, so be it.