Saturday, July 18, 2009

Walking through life

Literally..haha. Somehow my cravings for pounding pavement and stinging sweat dripping eyes has seized for the time being. It's been replaced by nice walks with the dogs, nieces & nephews, and walking to get errands done. I went for a nice 4 miler last weekend (run that is)...and my pace was as slow as a turtle and I felt completely out of shape...becuase I am. Right now I'm working an hour and a half away...working 13 hour days...and its just not really feasible to be the runner I used to be. But for now...I'm enjoying this new identity. Its relaxing....and will help me make babies (whoops...did i say that? shhhh)...I only have about 7 weeks left of clinical..and next month I'll only be about 40 minutes from home which makes working out much easier. I can see the light shining...I am ready to close this chapter of my life and move on to the next....houses & starting a family...(oh yeah...and my career..you can see where my priorities are). I know I have gone through these cycles before of not running...and then getting addicted to it...then slowing down..etc. So I'm sure you are used to it by now. If I've learned one thing in the last few years is that you have to roll with the punches and listen to your body. A hobby is not a hobby if you are no longer enjoying it...however staying active is always a necessity. It may change forms at different times...but its not something that can be ignored.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Lots of times, it's nice to take a break from one activity while you focus on others. Running will always be there for you when you want to get back to it.

Kathleen said...

Aw, stay strong girl :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you are back and doing well. Sometimes, you just have to live a little and not have life revolve around marathons/running, etc. Sounds like you are making the best decision for you. Running will always be there and it shouldn't cause or add more stress to your life. Enjoy your walks.

X-Country2 said...

Running will be here when you're ready. :o)

Carolina John said...

stay strong girl. kids are the best! good luck to you.

Jes said...

I'm right there with you. Right now I'm enjoying weight training and using the elliptical. Life has grown pretty busy, and I'm just enjoying the ride. Have a great weekend!