Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Major Turbo Kick in the butt!

So my hubby had the day off today ;) :) :) and gave me $50 and said to go shopping...and to the gym. MUSIC TO MY EAYERS!!! Shopping....Gym....No Baby? Carazy! So off I went...of course the $50 only went so far and then I had to start pulling out money of my own. I accidentally showed up for my gym class an hour early..which meant an extra hour of shopping (my gym is conveniently located in a mall...). After I got a workout carrying all my shopping bags...I headed to the gym for a turbo kick class. Right before I got married I would do turbo kick almost everyday. It got me in crazy good shape..and I would supplement with running a few miles a few times a week. I got pretty good at it...and wow...today I realized how out of shape you get after poppin out a kiddo. My abs are nowhere where they used to be....(i mean they are still located in the middle of my body sillies!!...but they are weakkkkkkk) I was covered in sweat...I felt tight everywhere..and it was just glorious. Makes me realize that running isn't quite the full body workout that we think it is. I was able to get back to running pretty easily without crazy amounts of soreness. Yes I was breathing hard...and felt like the biggest loser contestant...but I was able to get up and move the next day. My friends.....moving tomorrow might be a bit of an issue. Either way I'm pumped and want to find a way to get to turbo twice a week. See ya later extra lbs......

7 comments:

Carolina John said...

yay! Glad to hear you got out and moved some! It's such a nice thing to be able to step away from the baby for a while.

X-Country2 said...

Woo hoo! Go get 'em!

Jes said...

That class sounds awesome! I would love to try it.

Pining for Pinterest said...

What a sweet husband!!! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the class!

i am Susan said...

Nice work!! You are going to be back in shape in no time. Way to kick some butt.

Jess said...

Good for you!

marmot ski said...

It's so nice to hear that from you...